Application Guide for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship 2024 Spring Intake
In order to meetthe growing demand of the internationalcommunity for Chinese language teachers and facilitating Chineselanguage education in other countries,the Center For Language Education And Cooperation (CLEC) will continue with the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship. Confucius Institutes,independently operated Confucius Classrooms, certain HSK test centers, Chinese language (education) departments of foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language instruction of other countries, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad (collectively “recommending institutions”) may recommend outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers to study International Chinese Language Education or related majors in Chinese universities and colleges (“host institutions”).
Central China Normal University( CCNU), as one of the Host Institutions, welcomes applicants all over the world to study at CCNU. Please check the following notice for detailed information:
Ⅰ.The Eligibility of the Scholarship：
1. Non-Chinese citizens;
2. Abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules and regulations of the school;
3. In good physical and mental conditions, and with a good record of academic performance and conduct;
4. Aspiring to work in the Chinese language education and related fields;
5. Aged between 16 to 45( as of 1st March 2023).
Ⅱ.Scholarship Programs and Qualifications for Application
1.Scholarship for One-Semester Study
· The programme commences in Spring 2024, and provides scholarship for a maximum of five months;
· Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are noteligible.
· Applicants shall havea minimum score of 180 on the HSK test(Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required.
Ⅲ.Coverage of the Scholarship
1. Tuition fees;
2. Accommodation fees;
3. Living allowance;
4. Comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
1. Log on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website：https://pmplatform.chinese.cn/ui/start/#/login to search for recommending institution( applicants can choose Central China Normal University with the agency number 10511) and host institution：Central China Normal University；
2. Upload application materials online; and trackthe application progress, comments and results;
3. Scholarship holders need to confirm with thehost institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, and print out the scholarship certificate online;
4. Register at Central China University on the designated date written on the letter of admission.
Ⅴ. Application Documents
All the following documents should be in high quality scanned copy :
1. Passport copy (first two pageswith applicants’personal information);
2. Highest degree (diploma or study certificate);
4. HSK certificate、HSKK certificate(screenshot of HSK/HSKK scores online can be applicable);
5. Recommendation letter from recommendation agency;
6. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a certificate of entrustment signed by guardians in China.
Very Important Keys:
* If your degree/ diploma/ study certificate is not in Chinese nor English, please translate and notarize it, then upload both original and notarized versions;
From 2023-09-15 to 2023-11-15
Ⅶ. Contact Information
College of International Cultural Exchange, Central China Normal University
Tel: +862767865607 (Ms Zhou);
Address: Central China Normal University, 152 Luoyu Avenue, Wuhan, Hubei, 430079, P.R.C